This forum is now just an archive. Use the new Q&A website
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:57 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sales Revenue
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:19 pm 

Hi,

How can we track the sales income of a product/product group . I have tries adding a new account names sales Revenue as Income account and given that as the income account of a product . But when i created the invoice and validated that account is showing a negative value. This will give an impact that the companies income is negative . Can somebody help me in tracking the sales Revenue?

Also how to track the cost of goods sold if the product is of type "service" .For eg: product : ISP cost price 50 sale price 100. In this case how can i track the cost of goods sold for product ISp?

Post subject: Re: Sales Revenue
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:25 pm 

revenue shows as a -ve because it is a credit! You can use the reporting menu to see sales analysis.
I am not sure on Indian accounting - if you install account_anglo_saxon and make all products to post real time automated then you will be journals created with both sale and cost of sale information.

I suggest you read through the on line manuals around set up etc to work through your requirements.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:45 pm 

HI Kevin,

Thanks for your reply, But is there any method which will show my sales revenue as positive , bcoz if it shows a -ve income that will give the bad impact on analysis >

Also with account_anglo_saxo it tracks the purchase price v/s cost price , what i need is cost price v/s sales price . And i don't need any sales/ purchase module as well< its just invoice on products .Since its service products stock is also not needed.So any ways to do this?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:38 am 

You could look at account_fstr for your financial reporting - this allows for credits to be displayed as a positive value.

If you are selling services and have your cost on the product, real-time automated posting, account_anglo_saxon installed then you will get COS into your GL for reporting.

Hope this helps.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]