This forum is now just an archive. Use the new Q&A website
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:10 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Creating a New Chart of Accounts
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:04 pm 

Hi,

I'm looking to create a Chart of Accounts, but I can't find Documentation on the set required for creating a new Chart. I'm looking for notes on Creating the Inital Codes and Describtions, Create the Account_Types, Adding Taxes etc...

The only notes, I can find detail how to edit a current chart in the Application, I need to create a new chart that will be selected when a database if added.

Rgds
Chris

Post subject: Re: Creating a New Chart of Accounts
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:39 pm 

I found documentation on what is required for creating a Chart of Accounts, http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/contribute/ ... count-type.

A little background, to fully test the suitability of this product I want to create a basic Chart of Accounts to match out most basic requirement, I have this complete, using other Charts in the /usr/share/pyshared/openerp/addons directory as a template and guideline.

I now want to make this Chart available when creating a Database, to compare openerp to the other custom product we are already using. If I copy the folder l10n_ie_test into the /addons the Chart is not available for selection.

How do I make it available for testing????

Rgds
Chris

Post subject: Auto-install Chart of Accounts
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:39 am 

Hi!

I'm already interrested about a way to auto-install a Chart of account, for demonstration databases.

I've created a custom module to do this. I've looked at the account module code and discovered the account_installer python class in thee installer.py file.
I suppose it's possible to use it to auto-install a chart of account.

I'm not a master python developper. So, if someone have already made a module to do this, ...

Ludo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:03 am 

Hi,

So I have my Custom Chart showing in the list of Chart of Accounts to choose from. My Problem was that on Ubuntu using the .deb file there are two seperate locations for the files with one linked to the other

/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/opernerp
/usr/share/pyshared/openerp

So I need to put my custom modules/chart in the first one, I was putting it in the second one all a long. I based my Chart on one of the already installed charts and altered the files accodingly.

When I choose my Chart to install on the setup I get the following errors printed to the screen.

Quote:
Client Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/web/common/http.py", line 180, in dispatch
response["result"] = method(controller, self, **self.params)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 1047, in call_button
action = self.call_common(req, model, method, args, domain_id, context_id)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 991, in call_common
return self._call_kw(req, model, method, args, {})
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 1005, in _call_kw
return getattr(req.session.model(model), method)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/web/common/openerplib/main.py", line 250, in proxy
args, kw)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/web/common/openerplib/main.py", line 117, in proxy
result = self.connector.send(self.service_name, method, *args)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/web/common/http.py", line 611, in send
raise fault

Server Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/web/common/http.py", line 592, in send
result = openerp.netsvc.dispatch_rpc(service_name, method, args)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/netsvc.py", line 360, in dispatch_rpc
result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, params)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 586, in dispatch
res = fn(db, uid, *params)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 167, in execute_kw
return self.execute(db, uid, obj, method, *args, **kw or {})
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 121, in wrapper
return f(self, dbname, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 176, in execute
res = self.execute_cr(cr, uid, obj, method, *args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 164, in execute_cr
return getattr(object, method)(cr, uid, *args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/base/res/res_config.py", line 120, in action_next
next = self.execute(cr, uid, ids, context=context)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/account/installer.py", line 119, in execute
super(account_installer, self).execute(cr, uid, ids, context=context)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/base/res/res_config.py", line 360, in execute
new_db, self.pool = pooler.restart_pool(cr.dbname, update_module=True)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/pooler.py", line 39, in restart_pool
registry = RegistryManager.new(db_name, force_demo, status, update_module, True)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/modules/registry.py", line 202, in new
openerp.modules.load_modules(registry.db, force_demo, status, update_module)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 338, in load_modules
processed = load_marked_modules(cr, graph, states_to_load, force, status, report, loaded_modules)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 253, in load_marked_modules
loaded, processed = load_module_graph(cr, graph, progressdict, report=report, skip_modules=loaded_modules)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 192, in load_module_graph
load_update_xml(module_name, idref, mode)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 90, in <lambda>
load_update_xml = lambda *args: _load_data(cr, *args, kind='update_xml')
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 132, in _load_data
tools.convert_csv_import(cr, module_name, pathname, fp.read(), idref, mode, noupdate)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/tools/convert.py", line 970, in convert_csv_import
result, rows, warning_msg, dummy = pool.get(model).import_data(cr, uid, fields, datas,mode, module, noupdate, filename=fname_partial)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 1412, in import_data
process_liness(self, datas, [], current_module, self._name, fields_def, position=position)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 1341, in process_liness
field_type = fields_def[field_name]['type']
KeyError: 'Description'

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what could be causing this. Again I am completely new to OpenERP and Python at that, been using it for a couple of weeks only so far.

Rgds
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:24 am 

Hi.

Maybe it's better for developpment not using deb installation.
Using installation by sources is not friendly user but better for developping.

http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/install/linux/index.html

Ludo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:33 am 

Thanks, I think I might do that at a later point. I found the error it the above case anyway. I have a field in account.account.template called description instead of name.

Now when I install I get the following error

Code:
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_model.py", line 647, in _get_id
    raise ValueError('No such external ID currently defined in the system: %s.%s' % (module, xml_id))
ValueError: No such external ID currently defined in the system: l10n_ie.0

Any ideas what this could be.

Rgds
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:45 pm 

I've this solved. I had a typo in my wizard file that was not installing my Taxes.

All Working now

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:05 pm 

One Final Question,

I based my Chart of Accounts on one of the Charts already in the system that used CSV Files. I see in other Charts they use XML file for importing the Chart Template etc.

Why is there two different ways and which is the best one to be using going forward?

Rgds
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:05 am 

Hi,

Would anyone be able to explain the reason for CSV and XML templates in Localization Modules. I see that some use XML File for the account.account.templates, account.tax.templates, etc. and some are using CSV Files.

What is the difference between both methods and which is the preferred/recommended method and why?

Rgds
Chris

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]