This forum is now just an archive. Use the new Q&A website
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:58 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: purchase: how to calculate the landed cost of product?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:54 pm 

How could the landed cost of a product in OpenERP be calculated? Having the landed cost = the cost price of the product from the supplier + any additional charges (i.e. freight charges, tax, custom agency costs, etc.…)?

Post subject: Re: purchase: how to calculate the landed cost of product?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:41 am 

I'm also looking for this. Did you get any solution?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:17 am 

no. not yet. I want it to be calculated automatically. The solution until now is to calculate manually :(

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:20 am 

Guys,

Please check landed Cost module bu one of the partner and it is doing exactly what you expect here.
Let me know if you don't find it.

Thanks,

Sid

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:36 am 

siddiqmomin wrote:

Please check landed Cost module bu one of the partner and it is doing exactly what you expect here.
Let me know if you don't find it.

Thank you Sid for this information.
In fact I've installed the module and started to work on it. However, I have some questions or better said ambiguous points:

1- I've noticed 2 new fields added for the landed cost calculation in the product form (in the 2nd tab "procurement & locations" - "Miscellaneous" part), what does each of these 2 fields ("Distribution Type" & "Calculate Landed Costs") signify? Should I check the "Calculate Landed Costs" checkbox only if I want a certain product's landed cost to be calculated depending on the purchase orders + any additional costs (such as custom fees)?

2- I noticed that when I create a new landed cost, it's being created as a new product. What are the information that I should fill for this kind of product? What's its product type (Consumable, or service)? What is it's cost? Should I check the "Calculate Landed Costs" checkbox? What is its "Distribution Type"?

Is there any guide for the usage of this new module?

Best,
Sez

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:06 pm 

Hello,

I love the landed cost module, it is making things really so much easier.
But, much like the comment before mine, I have a problem with the landed cost 'product'.
We're using 6.1-1 and the trunk version of purchase_landed_cost.

Each time I add a landed cost, I have to create a new product. Is that normal? That means if I add a few lines like 'Tax' and 'Transport' to the landed cost, I will afterwards have a few undeletable products. The 'worst' with this is, that the next time I add landing costs to a purchase, I have to create a new 'product' - if I search for a product, nothing shows up.

The solution for now seems to be to name these lines like the purchase order + whatever it indicates (PO0001Tax), and mark it obsolete.

Any better solution? Any fix yet?

Thank you everyone for these awesome tools,
Björn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]