This forum is now just an archive. Use the new Q&A website
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Initial inventory - error no perido defined for this date
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:22 pm 

Hi,
To implement OpenERP I need to test it so I decided to recreate all movements 2011 to compare with our actual system.
I have created products and locations and started to do my initial inventory (wharehouse->inventory control->physical inventories
I used the date 01.01.2011 and was able to confirm the inventory. I can see the quantities in the "posted inventory" tab.
But when I click the "validate inventory" button, I have the error: "No period defined for this date: 2012-01-10 ! Please create a fiscal year." It seems to want to record something in today period?!? There is no place (that I can see) to input the period (2011_01 in my case) in the physical inventory screen, only the date.
If I go to the products, or locations, I have zero (no quantities).
How/where can I state that this concern last fiscal year please?
Thanks for any help?
Guy
OpenERP - GTK Client - v6.0.3

PS: I have only opened fiscal year 2011 for now

Post subject: Re: Initial inventory - error no perido defined for this dat
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:40 pm 

I can add more information. Going to the posted inventory tab (in physical inventory) I have all the products all with a scheduled date 10 January 2012. I changed them all to 1st Jan 2011 but still cannot validate the inventory, neither click on the process now button without having the error message.
Going to Warehouse->traceability->stock move I see all the products of my initial inventory supposed to go from inventory loss to stock in draft mode.
Going to Warehouse->Reporting->Dashboard->Moves analysis I can see 127 items (total all product of my initial inventory 1st Jan 2011) with a planned lead time and a execution lead time both of -373 (minus 373) days (ie 1st jan 2011 to today)!!!
Surely other people must have this general problem of having to record previous year transactions. Idea anyone?
Thanks
Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:03 pm 

...and finally, if I do open a period 2012_01 that includes the current dates, I can validate but it goes into the accounting movements of 2012!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:22 pm 

bump!!
No one has/had this problem? Hard to believe.
For example, how do you do if you make your physical inventory for 2011 in the first week of January 2012? According to my problem, it will not change your 2011 values. This can't be right.
Thanks
Guy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:45 pm 

Bump again, no help in the meantime %-(
OK what I found is that changing all my products from Real time to Periodical (inventory valuation, tab Accounting of the product) allowed me to finally validate the inventory (but I had to change manually all scheduled date to 01/01/2011). This looks crazy to me, that's overkill believe me.
Now all my products are in periodical (manual) inventory valuation, which is a non-sense to me....
Could someone please shed some light here? I am quite desperate after having spent so many hours...
Thanks in any case
Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:56 am 

Hi,

You're not the only one, exact same problem here... Impossible to do a correct month-end closing by posting in previous period !
Accountants are getting crazy, wishing they had SAP.

Regards

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]