This forum is now just an archive. Use the new Q&A website
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:37 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multi-currency
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:25 am 

I have the following group situation to set up using multi-company

Parent - NZD
Child1 - NZD
Child2 - AUD

So I have set up the companies as a group with the correct currencies. I have created currency conversion rates for each company. I have created a pricelist for each currency both based on the list price in the product (which does not mention currency so I will sell a product for the same nominal $ but in different currency depending on the country)

I process a sale and create an invoice for child2 - correctly shows AUD, but when it posts to GL it converts immediately to NZD (at the correct conversion rate) and shows AUD as the "alternative" currency.

Is this what is expected? I would have thought that the Child2 ledger would be in AUD and only convert when rolled up to the parent.

The documentation on this area is light (being generous) so if anyone knows how the set up should work, would appreciate the information.

Post subject: Re: Multi-currency
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:45 am 

Hi Kevin,

I think the transaction should remain in the AUD instead of NZD. But this will be true only when you are doing the transaction in Child2 company.

Thanks,

Siddique

Post subject: Re: Multi-currency
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:37 pm 

Thanks - the transactions were in Child2 so I expected them to remain as AUD.. will have to take up with OpenERP.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]