This forum is now just an archive. Use the new Q&A website
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:17 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: V6 imports V5's database?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:03 am 

A quick question -

Am I likely to have any issues importing the database I was using with V5 inot the new openerp V6?

I'm going to try doing this in the next couple of days anyway but just wondered if there are any issues I should be aware of, and how realistic it is to expect it to work flawlessly!

(V6 looks great - thanks to those involved)

Any comment much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: V6 imports V5's database?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:58 am 

Hello Mishmosh,

If you backup a v5 database and restore it in a v6 instance, it is not going to work. The reason of that is that the database structure is different for many modules and objects between OpenERP 5 and 6.
You can subscribe to the OpenERP Publisher Warranty that covers exactly what you want to do for certified modules. I encourage you to read more here: http://www.openerp.com/services/subscri ... #migration

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:27 am 

Hello Mishmosh,

We can migrate your data to OpenERP v6 using the only free Migration module for OpenERP, at the fraction of price. We can migrate your data not not only from "official" modules, but any OpenERP module, whether it is certified, official, extra, or any third party. We can even do migration of v4 to v6, in this case it would be a tedious process, still doable. it could be 5->5 or 6->6 version, as well, of course it is in case you want to do a cleanup, by not moving all the data.

We are doing already second migration wave (4->5->6), so the Migration Module is stable and mature. And if you feel like you want to do it yourself, you are welcome, it is freely available, we do not charge money for the instrument, it is GPL, unlike those scripts, by a publisher.

We charge money if you want pre-configured mappings for your particular setup, service or consulting.

BR
Kaspars
---------------------------
http://www.alistek.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:36 pm 

Hello Kaspars,

Is there a 6.x version of the Server Migration module or does the 5.x version work on OpenErp 6?
I am planning a migration from 4 to 6 so I assume I need to install the Server Migration module in OpenERP 6

Floris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:59 pm 

@Floris_

We are doing last tests on 6.0.1 version, because we experienced some framework changes from RC1 to RC2. My colleagues told that we will be ready to release it on monday the latest for 6th version. It would be nice, if you do more throughout tests migrating 4 to 6, we have tried that it works, but haven't done throughout tests. No production base in v4 server on hand anymore. :)

BR
Kaspars
-------------------------
http://www.kndati.lv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:09 pm 

Excellent info thank you. I wasn't actually using OpenERP v5 for long before v6 came out, and so it probably wouldn't take more than a day or two to input the data manually. This being the case I probably can't justify your costs fhe.

How much work is usually involved with migrating the database? Is it a case of mapping lots of fields? I don't think I have anything unusual / special configurations, or should your migration module take care of this scraps? In essenece the following things would save time if migratable without too much effort:

products, and bill of materials
worcentres and routings
warehouses / stock locations
partners/customers
users and roles (and their permissions)

Perhaps if you get a chance you can PM me how easy you think this would be scraps?

mish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:36 am 

Hi sraps,

I was able to install the migration modules on a test database and also connected to a test version 5 database. Now, I don't know what's next. Is there a step by step documentation?

Thanks,

Randy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:02 am 

Hi,

Im having trouble installing the server:migration modules for the V5toV6 update.
Always getting the error message : duplicate key value violates unique constraint "ir_ui_view_pkey"
when i try to apply the scheduled updates through the web-client in a V6 Database.
Did i miss something there ? Any help would be great!

Cheers,
Matze

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]