I have installed OpenErp All in One 5.0.11 on Windows Server 2003 sp2.
After done installation and some configuration I managed to run OpenErp from client software and web interface.
Now, I need to integrate it with user_ldap module so it can interact with Active directory on another server.
So I have been searching and reading some threads in this forum and the closest one I can get is from http://www.openobject.com/forum/topic15165.html
So here is what I have done,
1. I downloaded python-ldap-2.3.11.win32-py2.6.msi file from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-ldap/
2. Installed onto c:\
3. Copied all contents (ldap folder and some py files) from C:\Lib\Site-packages\ into a big zip file C:\Program Files\OpenERP AllInOne\Server\library.zip
4. Open OpenERP client and login as admin.
5. Installed Open_Ldap module.
6. Then Open Companies profile and entered these details in Ldap parameters:
LDAP Server address: ADServer.organisation.org
LDAP Server port: 389
Sequence: 10 (not sure what is this for)
Ldap Password: *******
LDAP Binddn: firstname.lastname@example.org
LDAP base: dc=organisation, dc=org
LDAP filter: cn=%s
Create user: ticked
Model user: Demo User
7. Then save this and closed OpenErp Client.
8. Restarted OpenErp Server services.
9. Tried to login with Active Directory login - it says bad username/password.
10. Checked OpenErp-Server.log and found few Warning:
WARNING:init:could not import ldap library !!
WARNING:init:module users_ldap: no quality certificate
WARNING:init:object res.company.ldap (res.company.ldap) has no access rules!
I have a feeling that my python-ldap is not detected/installed properly.
Can someone help me out to understand why my ldap is not working?
Or if someone managed to integrate AD and OpenErp can post step by step guide/instruction what to do? as I could not find a proper instruction.