This forum is now just an archive. Use the new Q&A website
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:53 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Solidworks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:13 pm 

Hi All, I have seen Solidworks and pro-inventor intergration support talked about in a lot of mrp systems. I was wondering does Openerp have inbuilt support for these programs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:54 pm 

@GThomas,

They don't have that yet. So you still have an opportunity of getting rich doing it ;-)

Raphaël Valyi

CEO and OpenERP consultant at
http://www.akretion.com
http://twitter.com/rvalyi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:14 pm 

If you are going to do that, please add also support for Pro|Engineer 8)

It would be very, very great if we can handle 3D-CAD data in OpenERP (welcome PDM-system). But unfortunately all the 3D-specs are closed source, so you have to re-engineer the handling of the data. Or take a license :cry:

My overall look is that it isn't hard to create a PDM-system with version / revision control (I'm working the whole day with such a system). I'm not specifically talking about 3D-CAD, but also about documents, files which can be handled by the system.

Specific for 3D-CAD, you have to read into the file to see what parts are in an assembly, so you can create a BOM in OpenERP. You have also look into the different files (assemblies, parts, drawings) to get all the related objects of that file.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]