This forum is now just an archive. Use the new Q&A website
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:59 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [7.0] base_report_designer does NOT work
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 pm 

I've been trying to get this module to work properly since November 2012 and it has never worked even now that the nightly releases are already back for OE7.

Every time one installs OpenOffice Report Designer module and attempt to download the plug-in, I get a weird file called base_report_designer_installer_.cpgz which isn't recognized as a proper extention by both OpenOffice 4.3.x or current version of LibreOffice.

I've tried some workarounds and the best I got so far is to use an old copy of opener_report_designer.zip which installs in OpenOffice and even manages to connect to OE7.

However, the problem is that even if I make any modification to existing reports, it will break the report either by returning key errors or will cause modified reports to break the output.

I've submitted this to launchpad but has been flagged as TRIAGED. I don't know what that even means whether it will be addressed or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: [7.0] base_report_designer does NOT work
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 am 

I'm using the nightly .deb build of 7.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 and the report designer OpenOffice extension installs without problem. It indeed changes the name of the downloaded zip file from the one seen on screen but it does install. I compared the extension zip files for version 6.1 and 7.0 and both are the same.
As you say, the extension connects and seems to work but today I found out that it really does not work. If I pull an existing report and then immediatly save it back to the server without change it does indeed get modified. I do it with the invoice and upon saving it back, it has missing fields.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:08 am 

Forgot to add: base_report_designer module appears as removed in OpenERP 7.0 as of the release notes. But it is still available in modules list so go figure!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:00 am 

Dear all,
Using this module base_report_designer on OpenErp v7, we have issue too.
When we use OpenOffice plug in (v6.1 version), we can param server & port.
However, we have any database on the list in the second windows where we should indicate login & pass.

Is someone have an idea ?

Regards

Sébastien.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]