This forum is now just an archive. Use the new Q&A website
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:44 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Openerp workflow Scenerio
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:53 pm 

I intend to have the following workflow on OpenERP:

A project officer prepares a payment requisition which is approved by his project manager. It is forwarded to the accountant who attaches a note(read a field for accountant comments) and forwards it to the finance manager for approval. It should show the state e.g Approved by project manager,Approved by Accountant...etc. Can this be done without writing a custom module with that workflow? Any tutorial that i can read for such a task? Openerp v 7.0

Post subject: Re: Openerp workflow Scenerio
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:04 pm 

Hi

It depends on how exactly you want to change the state..

If you want to retain the standard states and its functionality but you just want to change those strings of those states, you can just inherit & override the state column by changing the string of those states as per your requirements..

But if you want to change the state name and as well as functionality, then no other go definetly you need to change/overriden the Workflow... [as each state represents the progress/ status of the transactions]...

Hope this might help you...

Post subject: Re: Openerp workflow Scenerio
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:50 pm 

deep wrote:
Hi

It depends on how exactly you want to change the state..

If you want to retain the standard states and its functionality but you just want to change those strings of those states, you can just inherit & override the state column by changing the string of those states as per your requirements..

But if you want to change the state name and as well as functionality, then no other go definetly you need to change/overriden the Workflow... [as each state represents the progress/ status of the transactions]...

Hope this might help you...

Thanks. I have seen it. When i modify the .py code, do i need to recompile the file to .pyc? I noticed some modules have both .pyc and py for the same file... e.g purchase_requisition.pyc and purchase_requisition.py under the module purchase_requisition. Which file gets excecuted here?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]