This forum is now just an archive. Use the new Q&A website
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Having a problem with installing GDATA modules
Yes 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
No 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
I did, but solved it 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: GDATA related Problems installing Modules
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:20 pm 

When I try to add more modules (having successfully added a few of the "Apps" ones), I get the following error message:

Quote:
Google Contacts Import Error!

Please install gdata-python-client from http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-c ... loads/list

Python and the Python Client are installed and tested. I installed the Windows all in one package for OpenERP 6.1.1 and am running XP with all SPs.

I searched the bug list and can't find this, and also searched on these forums and found only one (unhelpful) discussion in the french subforum - basically the poster asked for help, but phrased it as something like "Does anyone know what this means?" and got smart-* replies that it means what it says ...

So, avoiding that mistake :) Does anyone else get this problem, were you able to fix it, and if so how were you able to fix it ?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by clasdauskas on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Problems installing Modules
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:15 pm 

I have the same problem

No answer in other posts and can't find somewhere else.

Thanks to the community in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:29 pm 

An update with some extra info.

I decided that perhaps things were getting confused by trying to install several modules at once, so I went through and hit "cancel install" on all the modules which were waiting to install. I then tried to install just the import-google module, which still failed the same way. I then looked at it's list of dependencies and saw that it needed google-base-account and some other modules. So I worked my way down through each module, trying to install it, having it fail because it needed some module it was dependent on, trying to install that, and so on until I got to the sales and stock modules, which said they were dependent on each other.

Trying to install one failed, but when I tried the other it installed itself and the one it was dependent upon (which is I assume what all of them should be doing).

I then worked my way back up the list of dependencies until I got back to the two google modules, neither of which wil install and both of which produce the error message I started this thread with:

Quote:

Please install gdata-python-client from http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-c ... loads/list

So, I'm not sure if this update helps anyone work out what is (or isn't) happening, but it seems to me that the module installation feature isn't doing well at installing the necessary module that the one you want to install needs.

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:08 am 

Another update, after a lot of reading, to no avail, and starting to learn Python, (not applicable yet, but just thought I'd mention it so you can see I'm not totally dependent and DO want to solve this myself if possible :) )

It is failing on one or all of the import statements here in N:\Program Files (x86)\OpenERP 6.1-1\server\openerp\addons\google_base_account\wizard\google_login.py:

Code:
try:
    import gdata.contacts.service
    import gdata.contacts.client
    import gdata.calendar.service
except ImportError:
    raise osv.except_osv(_('Google Contacts Import Error!'), _('Please install gdata-python-client from http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/downloads/list'))

(I tried putting the exception after each of the import statements and modifying the output to be sure it was coming from this module, and each of those imports fails.)

This brings me back to thinking the path to the gdata code is wrong, somehow, but I can't see how. Here is my PYTHONPATH (remember I'm using WinXP, and that the all-in-one install package insists on installing the OpenERP Server code where it wants to (N:) rather than where you tell it to put everything (G: in this case):

Quote:
G:\Python27\;G:\OpenERP\gdata-2.0.16\;G:\OpenERP\gdata-2.0.16\src\;G:\OpenERP\gdata-2.0.16\src\atom;G:\OpenERP\gdata-2.0.16\src\gdata

I've tried with and without a \ on the end of the statements (eg , G:\OpenERP\gdata-2.0.16\src\gdata\) but that doesn't seem to make any difference to this error.

Thanks for taking a look at this error!

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:33 pm 

Hmm, I just installed completely from scratch on a different machine running Win7. This time, knowing that the all-in-one installer ignores your choice of directory, I didn't change the default so it's all installed where the script expects to put it (just to make sure it wasn't some weird issue about things being on different drives.)

Exactly the same results, so it seems it's NOT a WinXP issue, nor is it something obscure about directory location.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:29 pm 

"Google Contacts Import Error!

Please install gdata-python-client from http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-c ... loads/list"

Having same issue on Linux, python gdata is installed, but any module that requires it fails installation. I'm guessing it could be file permissions or path related...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:24 pm 

same happened to me trying to in stall google related modules in 6.1, Linux version.
Looking forwards to find a solution for this!

cheers

Post subject: Re: GDATA related Problems installing Modules
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:01 am 

OK, I've made little progress towards solving this problem, but have learnt from the couple of responses that it also occurs to other people and on other OSes and that it seems to be something to do with GDATA (hence I added that into the title).

So, since lots of people are viewing this topic and few responding, I assume you are having problems but have no idea of a solution? Let's test that assumption with a poll :) I've added that to the first message as you don't seem to be able to put polls anywhere else ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:21 am 

So it's module related issue. It happens in different OS.
My experience, using aLinux Ubuntu 10.04 Server I installed the dependencies libraries requiered in different ways, from repositories and making/installing sources.

None of them worked out, got the exact same messaage.

So I'm available to help testing or doing other options in Linux enviroment

cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:32 pm 

What about a solution ?

Is there somebody from OpenERP to respond?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:12 pm 

I think many people have been troubled for not being able to install google related modules in version 6.1, but I cannot find a solution for this.

any update on this issue?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:45 am 

The only update I have is that I did get a reply from the Gdata author, who basically pointed out to me the info in the install notes, which I'd already tried. So no real progress there.

I'm hoping he'll take some more interest and we can at least pin down whether its an issue with OpenERP or with Gdata and I can then , at least, open a bug complaint.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:16 pm 

Hi everybody.

After half a day of searching an answer to this problem I tried to solve it from my own, and finally managed to install google modules.
Copy the 2 lib directories from your gdata archive ( gdataXXX/build/lib) in openerp addons directory.
Now you should be able to install properly.

ps: I tried it on windows, but should be about the same solution for linux.

Jérémie.
GUYACOM SARL,
jcharton@guyacom.fr

jcharton@guyacom.fr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:29 pm 

good to know you found a solution for Windows.

I did the same in Linux (Ubuntu 10.04), but didn't work. These are the steps I followed

1. Downlaod the latest version of gdata from:
http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-c ... loads/list

2. Build it: sudo python setup.py install

3. Copy the folders inside 7gdataXX/build/lib, inside openerp addons folder. 2 directorioes:
gdata-2.0.16/build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/atom
gdata-2.0.16/build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/gdata

4. Tried to install google_base_account module and I got the same annoying message:

No luck for me :)
I'll keep trying

cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:28 pm 

Ok. I'm sorry it does not work on linux...on which I still get install problems (seems there is no openerp-web module in my package...)
As soon as I manage to make it run on unbuntu I'll try to fix google adds prob!

Cheers,

Jérémie Charton
Société Guyacom
jcharton@guyacom.fr

jcharton@guyacom.fr

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next